Communication is a core leadership function and a key characteristic of a good leader. Effective communication and effective leadership are closely intertwined. Leaders need to be skilled communicators in countless relationships at the organisational level, in communities and groups, and sometimes on a global scale.
This course is useful to learners who will be working within a Public Sector, Local Government, commercial or community environment, and will fulfill a leadership role as part of their job. This course will also add value to public officials who are seeking to develop a career pathway towards an accomplished integrated development planner or public sector management and administration specialist.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Explaining communication processes and the role of the leader in this process.
- Identifying and utilising communication tools and strategies.
- Utilising information technology to enhance communications.
- Developing strategies to overcome barriers to communication.
- Applying the theories, principles and models of communication to a leadership role within a specific context.
- Applying the principles of effective communications in media relations.