Further Education and Training Certificate: Leadership Development
SAQA QUALIFICATION ID: 50081
The purpose of the qualification is to enable qualifying learners to apply leadership competencies to ensure service excellence.
Learners will develop competencies to utilise leadership skills to enhance service delivery in a specific sector or context. Individual learners will benefit through enhancing their personal competencies, knowledge and skills so as to be able to complete tasks required in their employment contracts and by legislation.
On achieving this qualification, the learner will be comfortable with the following terms:
- Leadership, its broad roles and related theories are defined in a work context.
- The difference between leadership and management is clearly explained and demonstrated with examples.
- An understanding of the role that emotional intelligence plays in leadership is explained with examples.
- The values required in a leadership role and defined and applied in own work context.
- The concepts, principles and different theories of motivation are applied in motivating self and others.