Any new entrepreneur needs to understand their role in the business sector and industry.
You need a sound foundation of spoken language ability for further language growth, and be able to write to suit a range of contexts. You need to deal with learning materials, to access and use useful resources, to seek clarification and help when necessary, and apply a range of learning strategies.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Use a variety of strategies to maintain communication,
- Adapt speech to accommodate cultural sensitivities,
- Use knowledge of language structures and conventions to shape or decode meaning of unfamiliar vocabulary or constructions,
- Organise and present information in a focused and coherent manner,
- Identify and explain how speakers influence audiences,
- Write for a specific purpose and audience,
- Use grammatical structures and writing conventions,
- Adapt language to suit context,
- Draft and edit your own writing,
- Identify the main ideas in different text types,
- Read and respond to texts for a variety of purposes,
- Use a range of reading and viewing strategies to make meaning of text,
- Identify and discuss how language structures and features may influence a reader.