Be ensured of driving competence with the required skills, values and knowledge and obtain your driver’s license.
This course will demonstrate attitudes related to road users to reduce driving risks and maintain safety on the roads, drive a light motor vehicle in accordance with defensive driving and legal requirements, and demonstrate techniques and procedures to improve driving skills.
Applicants who are preparing to obtain their learner driving license require the skills, values and knowledge reflected in this all in one course.
The achievement of this unit standard contributes to the exit level outcomes required for the National Certificate: Professional Driving at Level 3 and related qualifications. It further contributes to the professional development of learners within the road users environment and provides further mobility and portability within the field of Transport to improve road safety.
A person who has completed this module will be able to:
- Demonstrate attitudes related to drivers to reduce driving risks and maintain safety on the roads.
- Demonstrate techniques to improve driving skills and apply the system of vehicle control.
- Drive a motor vehicle in accordance with the system of vehicle control requirements with specific reference to the applicable K53 tests.
- Identify, categorise and qualify road signs, markings and signals.
- Explain specific rules of the road.
- Identify different controls of the vehicle and explain its uses.
- Explain driver responsibilities and duties in operating a vehicle.
- Obtain a provisional driving license.