This unit standard explores the role of the team leader in ensuring that the team meets organisational or required standards.
This unit standard is intended for junior managers of organisations.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Explaining the role of a team leader.
- Explaining the purpose of a team.
- Contracting with a team to obtain commitment.
- Monitoring the achievement of team objectives.
- Explaining the importance of motivating a team.
- Demonstrating an understanding of self and team members in a workplace.
- Applying theories of motivation and group dynamics.
- Implementing a plan of action to strengthen a team.
- Providing feedback and recognising achievements.
- Preparing to receive a member on a team.
- Introducing a new member.
- Explaining how performance is monitored.
- Creating awareness of career opportunities in an organisation.