Further Education and Training Certificate: Leadership Development
SAQA QUALIFICATION ID: 50081
The purpose of the qualification is to enable qualifying learners to apply leadership competencies to ensure service excellence.
Learners will develop competencies to utilise leadership skills to enhance service delivery in a specific sector or context. Individual learners will benefit through enhancing their personal competencies, knowledge and skills so as to be able to complete tasks required in their employment contracts and by legislation.
On achieving this qualification, the learner will be comfortable with the following terms:
- The core ethical values and standards which apply to the public sector are explained with examples.
- The ethical values and standards contained in legislation and codes are outlined showing the link to the conduct of employees in a specific sector.
- Areas of ethical conflict for employees are identified with examples.
- The importance of ethical values and standards are explained in relation to a specific sector.
- The principles of Batho Pele are integrated into leadership roles.